Caffeine anhydrous is a widely consumed central nervous stimulant. Caffeine can increase alertness and attention. Medical studies indicate that caffeine anhydrous has more powerful effects on stamina than coffee. Caffeine is effective for enhancing performance when consumed in low to moderate doses. Taking caffeine 15-30 minutes prior to exercise is recommended for optimal performance results. Caffeine Anhydrous enhances alertness and vigilance especially when experiencing sleep deprivation. Caffeine does not effect sweat rate, water loss, or change in fluid balance.
L-THEANINE: MEDICINAL GREEN TEA
L-theanine is an amino acid that is most commonly found in the green tea plant (Camellia sinensis). Green tea has been used medicinally in China for 4,700 years and is known for its medicinal properties all over Asia. Scientific studies now back up this traditional practice with research that indicates many health benefits from green tea including cancer fighting properties and its high concentration of the amino acid L-theanine. L-theanine has the ability to cross the blood-brain barrier, making it quickly and easily absorbed. Medical studies indicate that L-theanine is neuroprotective and can improve symptoms of depression, anxiety, insomnia, and cognitive impairment. Caffeine Anhydrous and L-theanine in combination provide a strong cognitive boost, improving memory function, task efficiency, learning ability, and performance accuracy. Scientific studies on animals demonstrate L-theanine’s ability to increase dopamine, GABA, and serotonin levels. One study suggests L-Theanine as a possible treatment of tobacco addiction because of its ability to inhibit the rewarding effects of nicotine and decrease the number of that can react to nicotine.
WHY PANAX GINSENG?
Highly regarded for its focusing and energizing effects, panax ginseng is the super-tonic root used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for thousands of years. Medical experiments suggest scientific evidence for ginseng’s ability to decrease stress, improve body stamina, enhance memory, and increase mental performance. Crystal Clear Supplements brings you a panax ginseng extract that carries the regarded properties of the medicinal root including increased physical and mental work capacity, anti-fatigue, and anti-stress. The list of health benefits attributed to ginseng is extensive. Other effects associated with panax ginseng include: liver repair, increased wound-healing response, decrease in inflammation, anti-oxidative, and decrease in effects of erectile dysfunction.
WHAT IS GINKGO BILOBA?
Ginkgo Biloba is a medicinal herb used in Traditional Chinese Medicine. Clinical studies indicate that Ginkgo Biloba extracts improve cognitive function. Scientific experiments further report that Ginkgo’s ability to increase dopamine levels in the prefrontal cortex may be one way that Ginkgo improves cognition. Another study showed that Ginkgo Biloba extracts can improve learning and memory impairments via regulation of cholinergic and antioxidant enzymes systems. Research shows that Ginkgo Biloba extract also prevents aging of mitochondria. Mitochondria is an organelle in the brain that is responsible for converting chemical energy from food into energy our cells can use. With aging, mitochondria in our brain and liver become damaged from oxidative stress, and Ginkgo Biloba extract is said to prevent this damage. Ginkgo Biloba extract also improves spacial memory, has anti-stress effects, is neuroprotective, and has antioxidant effects.
1. Goldstein, Erica R, Ziegenfuss, Tim, Kalman, Doug, Kreider, Richard, Campbell, Bill, Wilborn, Colin, Taylor, Lem, Willoughby, Darryn, Stout, Jeff, Graves, B Sue, Wildman, Robert, Ivy, John L, Spano, Marie, Smith, Abbie E, Antonio, Jose. International society of sports nutrition position stand: caffeine and performance. 2010.
1. Feng L, Liu XM, Cao FR, Want LS, Chen YX, Pan RL, Liao YH, Wang Q, Chang Q. Anti-stress effects of ginseng total saponins on hindlimb-unloaded rats assessed by a metabolomics study. 2016.
2. Yennurajalingam S, Reddy A, Tannir NM, Chisholm GB, Lee RT, Lopez G, Escalante CP, Manzullo EF, Fresbee Hume S, Williams JL, Cohen L, Bruera E. High-Dose Asian Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) for Cancer-Related Fatigue: A Preliminary Report. 2015.
3. Jiao R, Liu Y, Gao H, Xiao J, So KF. The Anti-Oxiadant and Antitumor Properties of Plant Polysaccharides. 2016.
4. Fulder SJ. Ginseng and the hypothalamic-pituitary control of stress. 1981.
5. Lam P, Cheung F, Tan HY, Wang N, Yuen MF, Feng Y. Hepatoprotective Effects of Chinese Medicinal Herbs: A Focus on Anti-Inflammatory and Anit-Oxidative Activities. 2016.
6. Oliynyk S, Oh S. Actoprotective effect of ginseng: improving mental and physical performance. 2013.
7. Qi B, Liu L, Zhang H, Zhou GX, Wang S, Duan XZ, Bai XY, Wang SM, Zhao DQ. Anti-fatigue effects of proteins isolated from Panax quinquefolium. 2014.
8.Li H, Kang T, Qi B, Kong L, Cao Y, Zhang J, Yang J. Neuroprotective effects of ginseng protein on PI3K/Akt signaling pathways in the hippocampus of D-galactose/AICI3 inducing rats model of Alzheimer’s disease. 2016.
9. Wesnes KA, Ward T, McGinty A, Petrini O. The memory enhancing effects of a Ginkgo biloba/Panax ginseng combination in healthy middle-aged volunteers. 2000.