What is Choline Bitartrate?
Choline Bitartrate Capsules
Choline is officially recognized as an essential nutrient by the Institute of Medicine since 1998. Foods like eggs, fish, and meat are rich sources of Choline, but our current food system and American eating habits leave most older children, men, women, and pregnant women deficient in Choline intake. Choline deficiency can lead to liver malfunction. Choline is a precursor to the neurotransmitter acetylcholine responsible for neurodevelopment, memory, muscle control, circadian rhythm, as well as other neurological functions. Choline can increase cognitive function and is essential for optimal brain processing. Combining choline bitartrate capsules with racetams and other nootropics can increase the potential of those substances.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule (500mg)
Sources for Choline Bitartrate Capsules
- Ostrovskaia RU, Gudasheva TA, Voronina TA, Seredenin SB. [The original novel nootropic and neuroprotective agent noopept]. 2002.
- Hasselmo, Michael E. The Role of Acetylcholine in Learning and Memory. 2006.
- Zeisel SH, da Costa KA. Choline: an essential nutrient for public health. 2009.
- Wallace, JM, McCormack JM, McNulty H, Walsh PM, Robson PJ, Bonham MP, Ward M, Molloy AM, Scott JM, Ueland PM, Strain JJ. Choline supplementation and measures of choline and betaine status: a randomized, controlled trial in postmenopausal women. 2012.
- Corbin, Karen D, Zeisel, Steven H. Choline Metabolism Provides Novel Insights into Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease and its Progression. 2013.
- Ueland, PM. Choline and betaine in health and disease. 2011.
- Higdon, Jane, Drake, Victoria, Delage, Barbara, Zeisel, Steven. Choline. 2015.
These statements are not approved by the FDA. This product is not intended to treat, prevent, or cure any disease.