WHAT IS ADRAFINIL?
Adrafinil is a behavioral stimulant with the potential to increase cognition. Adrafinil is a prodrug to modafinil, meaning it converts to modafinil in the body. Adrafinil can promote wakefulness, relieve fatigue, increase alertness, and improve attention abilities. It takes about 45-60 minutes to feel the full effects of adrafinil, and the effects can last up to 12 hours. Adrafinil is often used by people who work long hours or need to stay up for extended periods of time.
Ashwagandha has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years for treatment of stress, nervous exhaustion, memory loss, insomnia, and for enhanced cognitive processing. Our current demanding societal structure and environmental stressors leave many people with neurological conditions including memory loss, diabetes, brain tumors, and insomnia. Medical studies recommend ashwagandha as a supplement to prevent cognitive decline and maintain healthy brain function. Ashwagandha leaves have a wide variety of effects including anticancer properties, reversal of Alzheimer and Parkinson’s pathologies, memory enhancement, stress and anxiety reduction, antibacterial properties, anti-diabetic, weight loss for adults under chronic stress, antioxidant, cardio-protective, and neuroprotective properties.
WHY PANAX GINSENG?
Highly regarded for its focusing and energizing effects, panax ginseng is the super-tonic root used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for thousands of years. Medical experiments suggest scientific evidence for ginseng’s ability to decrease stress, improve body stamina, enhance memory, and increase mental performance. Crystal Clear Supplements brings you a panax ginseng extract that carries the regarded properties of the medicinal root including increased physical and mental work capacity, anti-fatigue, and anti-stress. The list of health benefits attributed to ginseng is extensive. Other effects associated with panax ginseng include: liver repair, increased wound-healing response, decrease in inflammation, anti-oxidative, and decrease in effects of erectile dysfunction.
Phenylpiracetam is a nootropic known for its ability to improve cognition, boost locomotor activity, and act as an antidepressant. In medical research, phenylpiracetam showed enhanced memory effects, antidepressant effects, and an increase in locomotor activity with a single administration. Phenylpiracetam is part of the racetam group, a group of drugs with effects such as memory enhancement and neuroprotection. Phenylpiracetam is estimated to be 50 to 60 times more potent than the original racetam, piracetam. In studies on rats, phenylpiracetam reduced anxiety and fear in response to stress and increased exploratory behavior. With its abilities to increase physical endurance and cold resistance, phenylpiracetam is sometimes referred to as an non-specified stimulant.
DMAE & THE BRAIN
DMAE is the precursor to choline, an important neurotransmitter that helps production of acetylcholine which is largely responsible for memory and learning processes in the brain. Medical reports say DMAE has anti-aging properties and can be classified as an antioxidant. Increases in vigilance and attention are also apparent in patients taking DMAE. In a study done on emotionally disturbed patients, DMAE shows an ability to change brain patterns so that the person feels a stronger sense of overall wellbeing, especially after taking DMAE over a period of time (3 months in this study).
1. Choudhary D, Bhattacharyya S, Joshi K. Body Weight Management in Adults Under Chronic Stress Through Treatment With Ashwagandha Root Extract: A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial. 2016.
5. Candelario M, Cuellar E, Reyes-Ruiz JM, Darabedian N, Feimang Z, Miledi R, Russo-Neustadt A, Limon A. Direct evidence for GABAergic activity of Withania somnifera on mammalian ionotropic GABAA and GABAp receptors. 2015.
6. Mohanty R, Das SK, Singh NR, Patri M. Withania somnifera Leaf Exract Amerliorates Benzo[a]pyrene-Induced Behavioral and Neuromorphological Alterations by Improving Brain Antioxidant Status in Zebrafish (Danio rerio). 2016.
8. Parihar P, Shetty R, Ghafourifar P, Parihar MS. Increase in oxidative stress and mitochondrial impairment in hypothalamus of streptozotocin treated diabetic rat: Antioxidative effect of WIthania somnifera. 2016.
11. Durg S, Dhadde SB, Vandal R, Shivakumar BS, Charcan CS. Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha) in neurobehavioral disorders induced by brain oxidative stress in rodents: a systematic review and meta-analysis. 2015.
2. Yennurajalingam S, Reddy A, Tannir NM, Chisholm GB, Lee RT, Lopez G, Escalante CP, Manzullo EF, Fresbee Hume S, Williams JL, Cohen L, Bruera E. High-Dose Asian Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) for Cancer-Related Fatigue: A Preliminary Report. 2015.
8.Li H, Kang T, Qi B, Kong L, Cao Y, Zhang J, Yang J. Neuroprotective effects of ginseng protein on PI3K/Akt signaling pathways in the hippocampus of D-galactose/AICI3 inducing rats model of Alzheimer’s disease. 2016.
4. Blin O, Audebert C, Pitel S, Kaladjian A, Casse-Perrot C, Zaim M, Micallef J, Tisne-Versailles J, Sokoloff P, Chopin P, Marien M. Effects of dimethylaminoethanol pyroglutamate (DMAE p-Glu) against memory deficits induced by scopolamine: evidence from preclinical and clinical studies. 2009.